Two Year Old Provision at York Road Nursery School
The provision is for families who are on a lower income, and SEN children’s families, who are entitled to ‘2 year Old Funding’. We also have a limited number of spaces (minimum of 3 sessions per week), for fee paying families at a cost of £24.00 per session. This will be rising to £25.50 per session as from September 2022.
Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of £15,400 or less a year, after tax
• Tax credits and you have an income of £16,190 or less a year, before tax
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
• The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
• They’re looked after by a local council
• They have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
• They get Disability Living Allowance
• They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
To find out if you are eligible please go to:
If you think you may be eligible and can provide evidence of the required documents please contact York Road’s School Office to apply for a space.
You can do this by emailing – email@example.com or calling on 01462 459127
Your child’s date of birth helps us to work out when your child would start at Preschool.
· If your child is 2 before 31st August they would be due start in September
· If your child is 2 before 31st December they would be due start in the January
· if your child is 2 before 31st March they would be due to start in April All of the above, is subject to space permitting.
The maximum number of children that can attend each session is 12.
What does our 2 year old provision offer?
We are known as ‘York Road Pre-School’.
We offer high quality childcare for 2-3 year olds the year before they are due to start their Nursery year.
We offer 12 afternoon places from 12.30-3.30pm each day, term time only.
The staff team consist of a ‘2 Year Old Leader’ who is a Level 3 qualified Nursery Nurse and supported by two Nursery Assistants.
A daily healthy snack will be provided by the Pre-School which will consist of fresh fruit and vegetables. All allergies will be catered for.
You will be asked to provide your child’s own nappies and wipes and to bring in a bag of spare clothes each day.
Any parents or carers who have children with medical or health needs should inform the Headteacher as soon as possible so that training for staff and/or support can be put in place if necessary.
Any parents or carers who have children with Special Educational Needs or Disability needs should inform the Headteacher as soon as possible so that training for staff and/or support can be put in place if necessary.
Please contact the pre-School for specific questions about your child or the school office for applications and general enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org
We do offer a small amount of fee paying places; please contact; email@example.com for more information.